3M 400TR Adhesive Transfer Tape
3M™ High Performance Acrylic Adhesive 200MP is a popular choice for graphic attachment and membrane switch applications because it has excellent quality, consistency and durability. In addition, as a result of 3M’s innovative, proprietary process, 3M Adhesive 200MP also offers the following excellent performance characteristics.
- Clarity (virtually free of vapor inclusions that are commonly found in adhesives produced by the traditional solvent coating technique).
- Excellent high temperature performance as well as excellent shear strength (that minimizes edge lifting and slippage of parts).
- Excellent resistance to harsh environments; this adhesive can withstand splashes of organic solvents, weak acids and bases and salt water, cleaning solutions, germicidals, disinfectants, oils, etc. In addition, it performs well after exposure to humidity and hot/cold cycles.
- Provides some initial repositionability when bonding to plastic parts (not metal) which allows graphic parts to be lifted and repositioned if initial alignment is incorrect. Finally, this adhesive family is provided with a variety of liner configurations to help ensure excellent process flexibility.
Full 3M 400 Product Details
- 3M 400 from CustomTapes.com has a 2 mil nominal adhesive tape delivers exceptional shear strength for metals and HSE plastics
- Provides very high resistance to solvents and humidity
- Special PCK layflat liner for increased dimensional stability in high humidity storage, processing, shipping and application conditions
- 4.2 mil PCK layflat liner virtually eliminates curling, buckling and rippling
200MP acrylic adhesive is considered the industry standard for graphic attachment and general industrial joining applications
- Temporarily repositionable adhesive improves placement accuracy, reducing rework
3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape 400 provides outstanding adhesion to metal and high surface energy plastics. 200MP adhesive delivers excellent shear strength to resist slippage and edge lifting. The tape is temporarily repositionable for placement accuracy. It also performs well after exposure to humidity and hot/cold temperatures. A PCK layflat liner helps prevent curling and buckling in the liner.
Excellent for Bonding to Metals and HSE Plastics
We've designed 3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape 400 with a 2.3 mil thick adhesive for applications such as splicing and laminating procedures using metals and HSE plastics. This high-performance adhesive delivers excellent shear strength to resist slippage and edge lifting. It is mounted on 58 lb. polycoated kraft paper liner which virtually eliminates curling, rippling and buckling and provides efficient release.
This adhesive transfer tape resists solvents, humidity and moisture, as well as heat (up to 350ºF for short periods).
Long term bonding of graphic nameplates and overlays (“subsurface” printed polycarbonate or polyester) to metal Bonding metal nameplates, serial and rating plates
Bonding graphic overlays for membrane switches and bonding complete switches to equipment surfaces
High speed processing of parts (medical components, durable labels, flexible circuits)
Lamination to industrial foams for rotary die-cutting of gaskets
Aerospace, medical and industrial equipment, automotive, appliance and electronics markets
Featuring 3M™ High Performance Acrylic Adhesive 200MP
More than 30 years ago, 3M High Performance Acrylic Adhesive 200MP set the standard for bonding metal and high surface energy plastics. Today, this high-performance adhesive provides even higher levels of performance, with exceptional peel and shear strength for precision bonding. It offers excellent moisture and solvent resistance which enable it to form resilient, durable bonds that conform to a wide variety of applications. Once bonded, this adhesive will provide outstanding shear strength to resist edge lifting and slippage. 3M™ High Performance Acrylic Adhesive 200MP also offers excellent short-term heat resistance and will continue to perform at temperatures up to 350ºF.
What are Adhesive Transfer Tapes?
Adhesive transfer tapes are rolls of pressure sensitive adhesive pre-applied to a special release liner. For application, the tape is simply pressed, adhesive side down, to a surface and the liner is peeled off. A variety of adhesive properties and liners are available to meet requirements for applications such as nameplate attachment to high and low surface energy plastics, appliance graphic overlays that perform in high temperatures, foam gasketing, web splicing, signs, posters, banners, point-of-purchase displays, and more.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface Through Science
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently. Call 1 800 322-9562