3M 8979 Performance Plus Duct Tape has a unique tape construction that allows for both permanent and temporary applications indoor and outdoor. It is removable with little or no adhesive residue from most opaque surfaces up to 6 months after application. The backing is also UV resistant for up to one year of outdoor exposure.
- Clean removal up to 6 months outdoors.
- Moisture resistant duct tape.
- Tested according to UL 723, ASTM E84
- Transportation, aerospace, automotive, commercial vehicle, RV, bus, truck, ship yards, military, metal working, furniture, electronics, solar, trailer manufacturing and woodworking.
- Sealing, holding, bundling, reinforcing, identifying, tabbing, wrapping, paint masking, splicing and protecting.
3M 8979 Performance Plus Duct Tape has backing that is curl resistant
and conformable making it easy to handle and apply. The rubber adhesive bonds well to most surfaces and has excellent initial stick. Once in
place, it stays where you put it. Provides easy unwind from the roll making it convenient to use and minimize user fatigue.
demanding duct tape applications in the construction, electrical HVAC, industrial, marine and plumbing markets. Used for patching, bundling,
moisture proofing, sealing, splicing and temporary repair. Tested according to UL 723, ASTM E84.
Typical physical and performance characteristics include:
Thickness: 12.6 mils,
Adhesion to steel: 52 oz./in. width,
Tensile strength: 36 lbs./in. width,
Elongation at break: 21%,
Temperature use range: Up to
|Adhesion to Steel oz/in (N/100 mm)
||Polyethylene over cloth scrim/rubber
|Industry - Use
||Automotive, Electronics, Furniture,
General Industrial, Metalworking, Military & Government, MRO,
Specialty Vehicle, Transportation, Woodworking
||60 Linear Yard
||54.8 Linear Metre
|Maximum Operating Temperature (Celsius)
||93 Degree Celsius
|Maximum Operating Temperature (Fahrenheit)
||200 Degree Fahrenheit
|Tensile Strength lb/in (N/100 mm)
||12.1 Milli-inch (mil)
|Units per Case
||48 Millimetre |